What are CEREC restorations?
Chairside Economical Restorations of Esthetic Ceramic (CEREC) is a computer-aided design and manufacturing system for dentists that allows us to create same-day ceramic restorations in our dental office in minutes. CEREC consists of a computer, camera, and milling instrument all in one machine to create crowns, onlays, and inlays within a single visit.
At Albany Smiles, gone are the days when you would have to wear a temporary crown for weeks. With CEREC, your dental hardware is made in minutes. It’s simple, fast, and non-invasive.
How does CEREC work?
- Dr. Frank prepares your tooth for restoration.
- We take a digital photo of the treatment area using CEREC software.
- CEREC technology converts the image into a 3D virtual model.
- With input from Dr. Frank, CEREC creates the final restoration.
- The CEREC mill precisely carves a ceramic block to make your restoration.
- Dr. Frank tests the restoration and gets feedback from you to ensure it fits properly.
- The CEREC restoration is polished and bonded to your tooth.
The entire process takes around two hours!
Sure, it’s fast and convenient, but are CEREC restorations as good as traditional restorations?
Yes. In fact, in many ways, CEREC restorations are better.
- CEREC uses advanced digital technology so the restoration will fit better and be more comfortable.
- More of the natural tooth is preserved
- No temporary restorations
- High-quality ceramic products